We at North City Hospital have a 10 year old eye - Ophthalmology department where most of the common problems of eyes are dealt with. We mainly cater to problems of anterior chamber. We have done more than 5000 phaco and other eye surgeries here. We have a strong team consisting of renowned Doctors, experienced technicians and sisters.
What is refractory error – Refractive error?
It is also known as refraction error, is a problem with focusing light accurately onto the retina due to the shape of the eye. The most common types of refractive error are near-sightedness, far-sightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
There are clear symptoms including:
- Blurred vision.
- Reading problem.
- Inability to see close objects.
- Eye irritation or weakness in the eyes.
- In children, there are initial signs such as crossed eyes, continuous blinking of the eyes, rubbing of the eyes, and frowning while reading.
- Advanced signs include, headaches due to stress on vascular eye muscle, squinting of eyes, eye fatigues, different sensation, or excessive itchiness in your eyes.
- Eyeglasses are the simplest and safest way to correct refractive errors.
- Contact lenses sit on the surface of your eyes and correct refractive errors.
- LASIK or Laser Surgery-Though Patients need to be referred for this procedure.
Our team of Experts in Ophthalmology
|Dr. SOUVIK BANERJEE||MBBS, MS, D.O (ALIG), PH.D (MED)|
|Dr. INDRANIL BHATTACHARIA||MBBS, MS (OPH), D.O (CAL)|
|Dr. UDAYADITYA MUKHERJEE||MBBS, MS FICO (CAMBRIDGE)|
|Dr. SOUMYA NARAYAN KHAUA||B.SC (BIO.SC), MS (OPT), DCLP, FELLOW PAED, OPTOMETRY & ORTHOPTICS|
Facilities for Ophthalmology
The handheld instrument that your primary care physician uses to look into your eyes is called a direct ophthalmoscope. The viewer must be very close to the face of the patient.
An indirect ophthalmoscope, on the other hand, constitutes a light attached to a headband, in addition to a small handheld lens. It provides a wider view of the inside of the eye. Furthermore, it allows a better view of the fundus of the eye, even if the lens is clouded by cataracts.
It’s a special microscope and light that lets your doctor see your eyes in 3-D, both inside and out. He’ll use it along with an ophthalmoscope to look at the back of your eye. A slit-lamp exam is usually done during a regular checkup with our eye doctor. Machine Used-Topcon’s Slit Lamp.
An autorefractor or automated refractor is a computer-controlled machine used during an eye examination to provide an objective measurement of a person’s refractive error and prescription for glasses or contact lenses. This is achieved by measuring how light is changed as it enters a person’s eye.
Machine Used – Topcon’s Auto Kerato Refractometer